What is TPP?
The Trans-Pacific Partnership would create a super-treaty which would jeopardize the sovereignty of the nations involved by giving that power to large corporations like Wal-Mart, Monsanto, Goldman Sachs, Pfizer, Halliburton, Philip Morris, GE, GM, Apple.
- There are currently 11 nations involved: U.S., New Zealand, Australia, Brunei, Chile, Malaysia, Peru, Singapore, Vietnam, Mexico and Canada. Japan has shown interest.
- The economic power of this group is more than 40% larger than the 27- nation European Union.
- TPP will offshore millions of good-paying jobs to low-wage nations, undercutting working conditions globally and increasing unemployment.
- TPP will expand pharmaceutical monopoly protections and institute longer patents that will decrease access to affordable medications
- TPP will limit food GMO labeling and allow the import of goods that do not meet US safe standards.
- TPP will institute SOPA, PIPA, and CISPA-like regulations and Internet measures which restrict our right to free speech.
- TPP will roll back Wall Street regulations, and prohibit bans on risky financial services.
- TPP will give multinational corporations and private investors the right to sue nations in private tribunals. These tribunals have the power to overturn environmental, labor, or any other laws that limit profit, awarding taxpayer funded damages.
- TPP will encourage the privatization of lands and natural resources in areas where indigenous people live.
… unless we let them know “No Deal!”
Pingback: TPPA y ACTA, otra alianza que amenaza la libertad en Internet | EfectoSocial
Pingback: TPPA y ACTA, otra alianza que amenaza la libertad en Internet | Punta Cana TV -